I have been photographing weddings full time since 2007 but shot my first one in 2002. In this time I have developed a real passion for taking pictures that tell stories. I love capturing those special moments that define relationships and evoke emotion and try to do this in the most dynamic and visually interesting way that I can. I work in a sensitive, relaxed and unobtrusive manner and am focused on photographing you being you; in love, relaxed and beautiful.
I feel very fortunate to be in a job that feeds me creatively and makes other people very happy. There can’t be many jobs where you relish receiving an email from your clients telling you that your work has reduced them to tears!
I must admit I’ve never enjoyed talking about myself and like many creative people the idea of selling myself to you just makes me cringe. However if you are considering spending one of the most important days of your life with me then it might help to know a bit more about me. Here’s a few facts
- I was born and grew up in Reading, Berkshire, but now live in North Devon with my beautiful wife Charlotte.
- Charlotte loves me (but not when I dance!) and is very a talented wedding hair stylist.
- I have a degree in photography from the University of Plymouth (in Exeter!)
- Before I became a wedding photographer I harboured dreams of being a full-time surf photographer.
- My photos were published in surfing magazines all over the world though I didn’t get paid very much.
- I love travelling and lived in Costa Rica for two years managing a surf camp.
- I’m obsessed with surfing but also love football, sport in general, music, art, the great outdoors.
- Sometimes I do yoga (I should do it more often!)
- I speak bad Spanish.
- I’m a perfectionist.
- I like beer (but not when I’m working!)
- I hate having my photograph taken.
- As a wedding photographer I have been honoured to receive several prestigious Fearless Awards and WPJA Awards.
- As of August 2013 I am ranked by WPS as their No.1 Wedding Photographer in the World!
Right, enough about me from here on out it’s all about you!